Safety should always be your top concern whether it is for yourself, others or your vehicle. Bat Sense sonar backup detection is designed to reduce accidents by using a reliable low-cost solution.
Bat Sense is a single sonar sensor that is installed on the back of the vehicle to alert the driver of obstructions in the reverse path.
Bat Sense is designed for vehicles in classes 2 through 5 (cars through light service trucks) using an ultrasonic frequency alerting the vehicle operator to all obstructions in the path.
Bat Sense sensors monitor an area 7 feet wide by 8 feet deep, notifying the vehicle operator of people or objects in the path.
Bat Sense uses a heavy-duty sensor that is installed on the back of the vehicle in a safe location. The sensor can be installed in many secure locations; above, below, or inside of the bumper.
A small, easy to install cable connects the backup sensor to an alarm which is installed on the dash of the vehicle to give the operator both audible and visual alarm. The alarm will notify the operator when a person or object is in range and the visual alarm will display the distance to the object so the driver of the vehicle can safely reverse the vehicle.
- Durable Design - TPC Vehicle Safety designed the sensor to last the life of the vehicle. The Bat Sense back up safety kit was designed and manufactured for industrial applications.
- Blind Spot Sonar Zone - The ultrasonic sensors monitor a large area but uniquely designed around large commercial vehicles. The zone of 9 feet wide by 9 feet deep zone will alert the operator to objects in the path of the vehicle.
- Blind Spot Sonar Zone - The ultrasonic sensor monitors a large area but uniquely designed around light commercial vehicles. The zone of 7 feet wide by 8 feet deep zone will alert the operator to objects in the path of the vehicle.
- Multi-Tone Audible Alarm - The audible alarm inside of the vehicle quickly notifies the driver. The audible alarm allows the driver to utilize mirrors or backup cameras for safe reversing (this product does not include backup cameras, see Eagle Vision or Owl View). Each zone has a specific alarm so the driver can keep his eyes where it counts and while knowing how far the object is behind the vehicle.
- Visual Display - The visual display utilizes LED lights so the vehicle operator is aware of the distance to the object. The three zones are 2 feet, 4 feet, and 8 feet.
- Hindsight Technology - Engineering originally designed in 1980 and trademarked in 1993 with many innovations leading to today’s market-leading product.
- Vehicle Insurance Reduction - Many insurance companies offer reductions for vehicle safety equipment.
- Vehicle Classes - Designed for vehicles in classes 2 through 3 which includes; cars, SUVs, Pickups, trucks, service trucks, service vans, and most 4 tire single unit vehicles.
- Day or Night, Rain or Shine - Sonar backup alarms alert vehicle operators to path obstructions day or night. Rain or glares from the sun will not inhibit the Bat Sense ability to reduce accidents.
- Fault Indication - Bat Sense is one of the only products on the market that notify the operator immediately if there is a fault. If the system fails Bat Sense will alarm the driver before there is an accident.
|Rated Voltage||DC 11v - 31v|
|Operational Temperature||-40 F to 185 F|
|Detection Zones||2 ft, 4 ft, 8 ft|
|Area Width||7 ft|
|Number of Sensors||1|