Safety should always be your top concern whether it is for yourself, others, or your vehicle. Bat Sense Plus is designed to reduce accidents through this reliable low-cost solution.
Bat Sense Plus includes two sonar sensors that are installed on the back of the vehicle to alert the driver of obstructions in the reverse path.
Bat Sense Plus is designed for vehicles in classes 3 through 9 (service trucks through medium-sized buses) using an ultrasonic frequency which alerts the vehicle operator to all obstructions in the path.
Bat Sense Plus monitors an area 9 feet wide by 9 feet deep notifying the vehicle operator of people or objects in the path.
Bat Sense Plus uses heavy-duty sensors that are installed on the back of the vehicle in safe locations. The sensors can be installed in many secure locations: above, below, or inside of the bumper.
A small, easy to install cable connects the backup sensors to an alarm which is installed on the dash of the vehicle to give the operator both audible and visual alarm. The alarm will notify the operator when a person or object is in range and the visual alarm will display the distance to the object so the driver of the vehicle can safely reverse the vehicle.
- Durable Design - TPC Vehicle Safety designed the sensor to last the life of the vehicle. The Bat Sense Plus back up safety kit was designed and manufactured for industrial applications.
- Blind Spot Sonar Zone - The ultrasonic sensors monitor a large area but uniquely designed around large commercial vehicles. The zone of 9 feet wide by 9 feet deep zone will alert the operator to objects in the path of the vehicle.
- Multi-Tone Audible Alarm - The audible alarm inside of the vehicle quickly notifies the driver. The audible alarm allows the driver to utilize mirrors or backup cameras for safe reversing (this product does not include backup cameras, please see products Eagle Vision or Owl View). Each zone has a specific alarm so the driver can keep his eyes where it counts and while knowing how far the object is behind the vehicle.
- Visual Display - The visual display utilizes LED lights so the vehicle operator is aware of the distance to the object. The five zones are 1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet, 4 feet, and 5-9 feet.
- Vehicle Insurance Reduction - Many insurance companies offer reductions for vehicle safety equipment.
- Day or Night, Rain or Shine - Sonar backup alarms alert vehicle operators to path obstructions day or night. Rain or glares from the sun will not inhibit the Bat Sense ability to reduce accidents.
- Fault Indication - Bat Sense Plus is one of the only products in the market that notifies the operator immediately if there is a fault. If the system fails Bat Sense Plus will alarm the driver before there is an accident.
- Hindsight Technology - Engineering originally designed in 1980 and trademarked in 1993 with many innovations leading to today’s market-leading product.
- Vehicle Classes - Designed for vehicles in classes 3 through 9 which includes; pickups, trucks, service trucks, service vans, buses, box trucks, service trucks, haulers, and most work vehicles up to 23 feet in length (Bat Sense XL is designed for longer vehicles).
- Waterproof - The sensors are waterproof! Each sensor is built for rough applications.
- Right, and Left Sensor Recognition - The alarm will display whether the object is on the right or left side of the path of the vehicle.
|Rated Voltage||DC 11v - 31v|
|Operational Temperature||-13 F to 167 F|
|Detection Zones||1ft, 2ft, 3ft, 4ft, 5-9ft|
|Area Width||9 ft|
|Number of Sensors||2|
|Right or Left Distinction||Yes|